Friday, March 12, 2010

Jesus are you sending me a sign??

March 3, 2010
9:30 pm

I love signs. I know it sounds silly, but small town, locally owned stores with funny religious signs make me happy. Church marquees are the easy way out. Besides after habitual driving past the clever ones, I’ve decided there must be a website for pastors or a book, “What to put on Your Sign Preacher.” I should find that book. Pages of clever sayings too lure me in to the building, but really just make me smile instead. I wish I remembered enough of the ones I’ve seen. “You better get right, before you get left.” “God is my co-pilot. Whose yours?” “ Jesus always accepts knee-mail.”
My new favorite though is the local Royal Cellular store down the street. I don’t even really know what all they sell, but Jesus is all up in their business. When we first moved here the sign always had at the top “Jesus Saves” followed by the weekly special. If Jesus saves with a new blackberry why shouldn’t we all? Jesus stopped saving for a little while. I was almost upset by this. I mean if Jesus isn’t saving, does that mean he’s wasting money some where else? I don’t want our savior scammed. Just the other day though I passed the Royal Cellular. Jesus isn’t saving anymore, but he is still shopping there. Now the sign says “Jesus is Greater Now with one year contracts.” It seems Jesus is better than Verizon.

No comments:

Post a Comment